M. M. Ali, M.B. Hossain, M. Al- Masud, M. A. Alam, 2015. Fish species availability and fishing gears used in the Ramnabad River, Southern Bangladesh, Asian Journal of Agricultural Science, 9: 12-22.
1. Sarower-E-Mahfuj, M., M. B. Hossain, M. M. Rahman and M. I. Hoshan, 2014. Chromosomal studies and quantitative karyotypic analysis of Rohu, Labeo rohita. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 17: 490-496.
2. Hossain, M.B. Marshall, D.J. 2014. Benthic infaunal community structuring in an acidified tropical estuarine system, Aquatic Biosystems, 10:1
3. Hossain, M.B., Marshall, D. J., Senapathi V. 2014. Sediment granulometry and organic matter content in the intertidal zone of the Sungai Brunei estuarine system, northwest coast of Borneo. Carpathian Journal of Earth and Environmental Sciences 9 (2), 231 – 239.
4. Hossain, M.B., Dev Roy, M.K., Lee, B.Y. 2014. First Record of the Brachyuran Crab, Baruna trigranulum Dai and Song, 1986 (Crustacea: Brachyura: Camptandriidae) from Sungai Brunei Estuary, Brunei Darussalam. Asian Journal of Animal Sciences, 8(3), 93-97.
2. M.N. Hassan, M. Rahman, M.B. Hossain and M.M. Hossain, R. Mendes, A.A.K.M. Nowsad. 2013. Monitoring of the Presences of Chloramphenicol and Nitrofuran Metabolites in Cultured Prawn, Shrimp and Feed in the South-West Coastal Region of Bangladesh. Egyptian Journal of Aquatic Research, 39 (1) Elsevier . View and Download3. M. Belal Hossain and Bamber, R.N. 2013. New Record of a Wood Boring Isopod, Sphaeroma terebrans Bate, 1866 (Crustacea: Sphaeromatidae) from Sungai Brunei estuary, Brunei Darussalam, Marine Biodiversity Records, Journal of Marine Biological Association of the UK , 6 (8). Cambridge University Press (Impact Factor: 1).
5. M. Asadujjaman, M.A. Wahab, M.K. Fatema, M. Belal Hossain & A.K.M.S. Azam. 2013. Effects of Stocking Density on Growth Performance and Production of Mola, Amblypharyngodon mola, Sains Malaysiana: 42 (9) (ISI Impact factor: 0.41) View
6. Md. Mosaddequr Rahman, Md. Yeamin Hossain, Md. Istiaque Hossain, Sharmin Jaman Provhat, Muhammad Shafiqul Islam, Md. Belal Hossain. 2013. Induced Breeding of the Stinging Catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis: Comparison among Different Inducing Agents Introduction, Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 13: 532-537 (Impact factor: 1.07).
7. Ahmed, G.U., N. Sultana, M. Shamsuddin and M. B. Hossain. 2013. Growth and Production Performance of Monosex Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Fed with Homemade Feed in Earthen Mini Ponds, Pakistan Journal of Biological Science. 16 (23): 1781-85. (SJR: 0.27, ISI, SCOPUS, ERA listed).View and Download
8. Y.A Patwary, B.S. Sarkar, M. Belal Hossain, M.H. Minar, M. Shamsuddin. 2013. Study of mechanical effects on the quality of fish feed during different stages of manufacturing. Pakistan Journal of Biological Science,16 (17): 865-870 (SJR: 0.27).
9. M. Rashed Parvej, M. R. Islam, Debasish Saha, M. Belal Hossain and M.R.Tushar. 2013. Landmark - Based Morphometric and Meristic Variations of the Critically Endangered Catfish, Eutropiichthys vacha collected from Bangladesh (submitted)
11. Ali, M.Y, M. B. Hossain and M. Shamsuddin 2012. Microbiological Status in a Fully Export-Oriented Shrimp Processing Plant, World Appl. Sci. J. 16(7): 903-906. (ISI, ERA, SCOPUS indexed). View and Download.
12. Shamim Ahmed, A.F.M. Arifur Rahman, Md. Ghulam Mustafa, M. B. Hossain and Nazmun Nahar. 2012. Nutrient Composition of Indigenous and Exotic Fishes of Rainfed Waterlogged Paddy Fields in Lakshmipur, Bangladesh, World Journal of Zoology 7 (2): 135-140.(ISI, ERA listed). View and Download
13. Kabir, K.M.R, R.K Adhikary, M. B. Hossain and M.H Minar, 2012. Livelihood Status of Fishermen of the Old Brahmaputra River, Bangladesh, World Appl. Sci. J. 16 (6): 869-873. (ISI, SCOPUS, ERA listed). View and Download
14. Al Mahmud, N., M.R. Hasan, M. B. Hossain and M.H. Minar, 2012. Proximate composition of fish feed ingredients available in Lakshmipur region, Bangladesh, American-Euroasian J. Agr. Env. Sci. 12 (5): 556-560, 2012 (ISI Indexed). View and Download
15. Asadujjaman, M, M.B. Hossain, M. Shamsuddin, M. A. Amin and A K M Azam, 2012.Occurrence and Abundance of Macrobenthos of Hatiya and Nijhum Dweep Islands, Bangladesh, Middle-east J. Sci. Res. 11 (2): 184-188. (ISI, SCOPUS indexed). View and Download
16. M.A. Azim, M.R. Islam, M. B. Hossain and M.H. Minar. 2012. Seasonal Variations in the Proximate Composition of Gangetic Sillago, Sillaginopsis panijus (Perciformes: Sillaginidae), Middle-East J. Sci. Res. 11 (5): 559-562 (ISI, SCOPUS Indexed). View and Download
17. Shamsuddin, M., M.B. Hossain, M. M. Rahman, M. Asadujjaman and M. Y. Ali , 2012. Performance of Monosex Fry Production of two Nile Tilapia Strains: GIFT and NEW GIPU, World J. Fish and Mar. Sci. 4 (1): 68-72. (ISI, ERA listed). View and Download
18. H. Akter, M. R. Islam, M. B. Hossain. 2012. Fecundity and Gonadosomatic Index (GSI) of Corsula, Rhinomugil corsula Hamilton, 1822 (Family: Mugilidae) from the Lower Meghna River Estuary, Bangladesh. Global Veterinaria: 9 (2):129-132.(ISI, SCOPUS Indexed). View and Download
19. M.R. Islam, M. Belal Hossain. 2012.Genetic variation of three populations of Indian frog revealed by allozyme marker, International Journal of Zoological Research (ISI/Scopus listed).
20. Ferdose, A and Hossain, MB. 2011. Nutritional value of wild, cultured and frozen prawn Macrobrachiumrosenbergii (De Man, 1879), Int. J. of Natural Science. 1(2):52-55. http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/ijns.v1i2.8821
21. Hossain, M.B. and M. Mostafa. 2010. Has the development of EEZ achieved its aims? Khulna University studies, 10 (1&2): 217-222.
22. Hossain, M.B. and Hossain, M.M. 2009. A preliminary study on intertidal macrobenthos of Chittagong Coast in Bangladesh. Int. J. Ani. Fish. Sci. 2(2): 170-175.
23. Hossain, M.B. and Das N.G. Sharmeen, R. 2009. Seasonal and spatial distribution of macrozoobenthos of the Meghna river estuarine bed, Int. J. Sustain. Agril. Tech. 5(3): 11-16.
24. Islam R. and Hossain, M.B., Das, N.G., Rafi, R.N. 2009. Food and feeding behaviour of grey mullet, Mugil cephalus L. of Bangladesh coastal waters, Bangladesh J. Prog. Sci. & Tech 7(2): 273-74.
25.Hossain, M.B. 2009. Polychaete faunal biodiversity of the Meghna river estuarine bed, Bangladesh J. Prog. Sci. & Tech. 7(2): 275-78.
26.Sharmeen,R., M.A.S. Jewel and Hossain M.B. 2009. Cyanobacterial abundance and bloom dynamics in two urban waste fed fish pond of Bangladesh, J. Subtrop. Ag. Res. & Dev. 7(3): 645-652.
27. Sharmeen, R. and M. B. Hossain. 2009. Present status of culture management and production status in various leased out fish ponds of Rajshahi City Corporation. Intl. J. BioRes. 6(6):53-60
== Books ==
1. Hossain, M.B. 2011. Macrobenthic Community structure from a tropical estuary, LAP Publishing company, Germany. p.84. ISBN-10: 3843385343
2. Islam, R. Hossain, M.B. and Das, N.G. 2011. Environmental impacts of Sewage Pollution on Karnafully River. Lambert Academic publishing, Germany. p.91 ISBN: 978-3-8443-8899-2.
- Ph.D Fellow in Biology, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Brunei (2011-2012)
- M.Sc in Estuarine and Coastal Science (ECSM), IECS, Hull University, England. (2005)
- M.Sc in Marine Science (Aquaculture) (First Class First), Chittagong University, Bangladesh. (2004)
- B.Sc (Hons) in Marine Science (First Class 2nd), Chittagong University, Bangladesh. (2001)
Assistant Professor, Department of Fisheries and Marine Science, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Sonapur, Noakhali-3802, Bangladesh (April, 2011 to present)
Lecturer, Department of Fisheries and Marine Science, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Sonapur, Noakhali-3802, Bangladesh (September, 2008 March, 2011).
Chairman, Department of Fisheries and Marine Science, Noakhali Science and Technology University (2011)
Full fee studentship at Higher Secondary level ( Commilla Victoria College)
Full fee studentship at Undergraduate level (IMS), Chittagong University.
Science Faculty Award for Brilliant Undergraduate result
DFID Commonwealth Shared Scheme Scholarship for M.Sc by ACU and University of Hull, UK.
UNU-INWEH-UNESCO Fellowship for short training
Graduate Research Scholarship (GRS) by Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
Benthic Polychaete Identification techniques by British Natural History Museum, London. 18-20 January, 2010.
Benthos taxonomy and Data Analyzing techniques using SPSS and PRIMER by IECS, Hull University, UK. 22 January- 19 February, 2010
Aquatic Biodiversity Assessment by Department of Fisheries, Bangladesh, 23-24, December, 2002
Coastal Biodiversity in Mangrove Ecosystem by Annamali University, India (UNU-INWEH-UNESCO Sponsored). 2-16, November, 2009.
Founder student member, Biodiversity Research Group of Bangladesh, Chittagong University, 4331, Bangladesh.
Member, Scottish Association for Marine Science, Oban Argyll PA37 1QA Scotland, UK, Session-2008, www.sams.ac.uk
Member, Oceanic Society, Quarters 35 N, Fort Mason, San Francisco, CA 94123. USA, Session 2008, www.oceanic- society.org